Plastic Free July is a global movement that encourages people to try new behaviours to reduce plastic use and waste.
The British Council is proudly celebrating Plastic Free July for the first time in Myanmar and inviting people to submit their Plastic Free pledges for July and beyond.
The aim of this pledge competition is to promote plastic awareness and to encourage people to try new behaviours to reduce plastic use and waste.
Anyone currently based in Myanmar can enter the competition.
(Note: If you are under the age of 18, you must have permission to enter from a parent or legal guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.)
The pledge can be made in English or Myanmar. The maximum word limit for the pledge is 100.
The winning pledgers will be selected by the British Council green team and Thant Myanmar, a leading grassroots movement fighting plastic pollution in Myanmar.
Top three pledge winners will be awarded with one-year library membership (including digital library access).
Twenty runners-up will be awarded giftboxes.
Terms and Conditions
- You must "LIKE" and “SHARE” British Council Facebook Post about Plastic Free July to enter the Plastic Free July Pledge Competition.
- This competition is open to anyone currently based in Myanmar. Please note that British Council and Thant Myanmar staff are not eligible to compete.
- By entering into the competition, you are deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions of entry.
- Each participant can enter only one pledge via this link by 11:59 PM on 15 August 2022. Entries via Facebook messenger or comment won’t be eligible.
- Winners are required to show their ID cards when collecting the prize at the British Council main office in Yangon.
- Uncollected prize will be forfeited.
- In case the selected winner cannot be contacted or is ineligible, he/she will be disqualified and will not be entitled to any compensation.
- The prize carries no warranty and is not exchangeable for cash, credit or any other kind.
- British Council reserves the right to change or substitute the prize deemed necessary.
- British Council reserves the right to vary, amend, delete or add to any of the Terms and Conditions, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice.
- British Council will not be liable for any loss or damage arising in connection with the Competition.
- British Council is free to use the entry contents including publishing the names and pledges of the winners on British Council websites, Facebook and any other media that British Council deems fit.
- British Council’s decision on all matters relating to the competition shall be final, binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Winners and Runners-up will be notified via email.