Our priority is to keep everyone safe while ensuring minimal disruption your child’s English learning experience. Our teaching centres are currently closed due to Covid-19. Until they reopen, Primary Plus lessons will be delivered online. Our priority is always to ensure the safety and well-being of our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate.
See the British Council's statement on the current situation in Myanmar and our commitments.
An English course that goes further – so your child can go further, too
Primary Plus, developed by our team of English experts, will spark your child’s imagination, so they can express themselves with confidence that goes beyond their English language skills.
Our new approach means your child will have a more rewarding learning experience, getting the most out of learning English with a combination of:
- lively classes with a specialist teacher
- interactive independent study, set by your child's teacher to prepare them for class – all on a safe, easy to use learning hub.
On the learning hub you will have access to your child’s personal dashboard. Together you can track their progress, celebrate their successes and understand where they are within their learning journey.
Price: from MMK 13,500 per hour (flexible payment options are available and annual package buyers can choose a discount or instalment plan)
Duration: 4 hours per week in two 20-week semesters (April–September and October–March)
Age: 7-12 years
Our promise to you:
- Our teaching centres are currently closed due to Covid-19. Until they reopen, we guarantee that your child’s classes will continue online.
- Online classes will include the same number of hours as face to face classes.
- Online classes will give the same learning benefits as face to face classes.
Immersive classes with expert teachers to boost English speaking skills
Happy learners make confident speakers! There are many reasons your child will love our classes:
- lots of time to practise speaking English, having fun learning with classmates of the same age in groups and pairs
- small class sizes mean that our highly qualified and passionate teachers can give more personalised attention
- the chance to enjoy natural interactions and bond with classmates.
Developing the life skills your child needs for their future
Your child will also develop leadership, collaboration, and critical thinking skills in a relaxed environment where they can be themselves. They will:
- work in teams or pairs to practise speaking, problem-solving and collaborating on projects with a focus on real-world topics like the natural world and the environment
- build resilience and get used to communicating and collaborating with others in preparation for life in a global world.
How the learning hub helps your child make more progress
Your child will do independent study on the learning hub before and after class. It is set by their teacher to complete at their own pace, so class time is more focused on improving their English-speaking skills. This part of their experience:
- helps your child improve their English reading, writing and listening skills with engaging, high-quality online learning resources designed by experts
- keeps your child motivated with online exercises and activities, including quizzes and games based on real-world topics and fun characters
- gives them space to deepen their understanding of English and improve their grammar and vocabulary
- is child-friendly and easy to use, so they can work independently
- has built-in self-evaluation, so your child can feel proud of their progress and reflect on where they can improve
- includes a personalised dashboard so you and your child can understand where they are within their learning journey
- helps your child feel the benefit of preparation, making them feel more confident to speak in class
- helps build good habits and a love of learning English.