Using the internet and the features of your mobile phone are great ways to learn English, and there are many great sites and applications. However, it is important that you use it safely.
Here are 4 golden rules:
- Remember that not everyone is who they say they are online.
- So never, ever give out personal information.
- Always be polite.
- If you ever feel uncomfortable, speak to and adult you trust.
Only use your mobile device in class as a study aid. Your teacher will guide you on how and when to do this.
The main points for adult students are:
- Respect the privacy of staff, other learners and never use mobile devices in private areas such as toilets.
- Behave respectfully towards one another, and never use mobile devices to hurt, bully or offend others.
- Don’t take photos or make videos of other learners or staff without their permission, especially young learners.
- Don’t share, store or upload pictures/video onto the internet or social media, without the permission of the people shown in these.
- Tell your teacher/YLSA/customer service if you see anyone breaking the rules.
- Keep devices on silent mode in lessons.