You can practise and improve your speaking and pronunciation anywhere!
Strategies for Learning
- Do not translate – it takes too much time and it does not work!
- Listen actively to how other people speak
Ides for Practising
- Read out loud – use a graded reader or a text from your English lesson and read it out loud
- Describe out loud – describe a picture for 2 minutes
- Speak out loud – talk with friends or family, send audio messages in English
- Sing out loud – find the lyrics to songs and sing
- Revise it – revise the exercises you have done in class. Repeat them alone or with somebody]
- Record it – record yourself talking. Use free, online recording software or an app on your phone
- Study it – use a pronunciation book or online resources
Notice – Look, Listen, Analyse
- Look at how English speakers use their mouth pronounce words
- Listen carefully and a lot – listening can help with your speaking
- Analyse your pronunciation by comparing it to other peoples’ pronunciation