If you are a library member, log on to your account here to reserve or renew books.
Renewing your membership card
All cards will expire after a set period of time. You can find out the expiry date on your membership card. If you try to check out or renew an item that will be due back after your card has expired the transaction will be blocked.
If you would like to renew your card, please visit our library at 78, Kanna Road, Kyauktada Township, Yangon with the relevant membership fees. Membership fees for different membership types can be check here.
Join our library orientation session where we will tell you:
- How to use RFID machine (self check-in/out)
- How to issue the member card (Smart Card)
- Library membership fees and new opening hours
- How our books are arranged
- How to use the Self-access Centre (listening room)
- How to use our online resources & other useful tips
Give yourself a literary boost and become a Library Volunteer for 4 months!
The British Council Library is one of the busiest libraries in Yangon and requires the help of dedicated volunteers to meet the needs of our growing membership.
If you are interested in our volunteer programme, you should:
- be committed to a weekly schedule
- work a minimum of 9 hours per week
- be 18 years of age or older
- love working with people and books
- enjoy the work that goes into making library materials, programmes and services available to all.
We would love to hear your thoughts, problems or concerns with our library services so we can improve! Fill out the form here and we will get back to you soon.