The British Council in Myanmar offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online (and, where applicable, at one of our offices). When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training Paper-based Test||MMK 270,000||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training Computer-delivered test||MMK 270,000||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||USD 258||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||USD 194||Book now|
* For 7 April 2020 and onward tests, the test fee will be:
- MMK 295,000 for IELTS Academic and General Training (Paper-based and computer-delivered)
- MMK 333,000 for IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)
- MMK 292,000 for IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)
The IELTS test fees are subject to change without prior notice.
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. Payment can be made by bank transfer, online payment platform or by POS Machine at the British Council Yangon and Mandalay office.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.